Thursday, 29 December 2011
Tuesday, 13 December 2011
The theme of the box this month was "Christmas Gift Guide - Part 2", all items carefully selected to ensure you are the "Belle of the ball at any Christmas party". This has got to be my favourite box of all the months so far. I absolutely love everything in it, and there's not one thing I wouldn't use. I especially like that there a few make up items.
- Cargo Cosmetics Classic Lipgloss "Tokyo" - This is a really pretty shade, and I can definitely see myself getting a lot of use out of this.
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Varnish "Razzle Dazzle" - This is AMAZING. The first thing I noticed when I opened my box as it was so sparkly and pretty.
- Deborah Lippmann "Stripped To Go" Sachet - This is a finger mitt for removing nail varnish, great on the go!
- FAB Daily Face Cream - This cream is really lightweight & sinks into the skin very quickly but leaves it so soft and is a great base for makeup. It is for sensitive skin & contains an antioxidant booster. So far, so good.
- Nouveau Lashes "Noir" Mascara - I was really excited when I saw this in the box. I am a sucker for mascara. I have applied this a few times. I found the brush to be quite hard, and it did hurt my lashes a little bit (that could be my application technique), but it does make my lashes look volumised & very lengthened.
- Rituals Foaming Shower Gel - This smells AMAZING, and it's really moisturising. It's one of those products you use in the bath or shower, and get little whiffs of it throughout the day.
Did you sign up for the Limited Edition GlossyBox? What did you think of it? and what was your favourite item?
Friday, 9 December 2011
- Dermalogica Makeup Bag - The perfect size for your handbag.
- Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque - I've used this, and my skin felt & looked refreshed afterwards. It did feel a little like I was smearing Lemon Curd on my face though.
- Dermalogica MultiVitamin Thermafoliant - I haven't used this yet but it's a skin polisher that combines chemical and physical exfoliants. Looks fancy.
- Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex - I absolutely love this. In fact, I'm trying to use it sparingly as I don't want it to run out. It's such a lovely lipbalm, and although for aging lips, it works wonders on dry, chapped lips.
- Leighton Denny Nail Polish in "BabyDoll" - This is the perfect baby pink, and looks so pretty and natural on the nails. I also like the super glossy finish & it dries very quickly.
- Stila Smudge Stick Eyeliner in "Moray" - This eyeliner is a gorgeous olive green. I tend to stay well away from coloured eyeliners, and stick to my blacks and browns, but this is ever so subtle, and it really does stay put, yet it's creamy enough for easy application. It has teeny tiny gold flecks in it, which make it even more pretty and very metallic-like. This was my favourite item in the GlossyBox for that month & I'm definitely going to look into getting some more colours.
- Robert Piguet Fragrance Samples "Fraca", "Visa" and "Calypso" - I'm not the biggest fan of perfume samples, but these I absolutely LOVED. My favourite is the Fraca one (the pink). They all smell amazing, and it wasn't a brand I'd ever heard of previously, and this is why I love the concept of beauty boxes, they introduce to things you'd never normally try or find. I also like to throw these in my handbags to save you having to carry a whole perfume bottle for re-squirts. :)
- Dead Sea Spa Magik Bath Salts - I'm really looking forward to trying these, as I get majorly dry legs in the winter (yes, mostly just my legs get dry...weird huh?) and I also get ingrown hairs on my thighs, which are already starting to irritate me and my skin, so I'm hoping these salts will work wonders on my legs.
- Nail Rock Nail Wraps - I've used these before, and I loved them. A little tricky to begin with, but if you get someone to help you, you soon get used to it, and let's face it, they look fierce.
- Serge Lutens Unisex Fragrances - These intrigued me. I love the idea of unisex perfumes. One smells lovely (the white box - L'Eau Serge Lutens), and the other I'm not so keen on (the black box - Vitriol d'Oeillet), the second is a lot more of a masculine smell, and much more woody. I would seriously condiser buying the first fragrance but the hefty 100ml £86 price tag has put me off a little bit. I'll have to save that one for a sneaky splurge one rainy day I think.
- Arbonne FC5 Ultra Hydrating Hand Creme - A lot of people said that the strong scent of this put them off. I personally like the scent of this hand cream but then I'm the sort of person who doesn't do unscented. If i'm making my hands soft, i want them to smell nice too :)
- Monu Recovery Balm - This is a gentle balm to provide relief to all skin types, especially sensitive or stressed. I've not used this yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing if it can calm down my spotty T zone.
So that was my quick run down of the past few boxes. I wanted to keep it short and sweet with bitesized information and mini reviews as I'm sure you've seen everyone else talking about them and I don't want to bore you. Is there anything in there that caught your eye? Or if you recieved these boxes too, what has been your favourite item?
Friday, 2 December 2011
These may include:
This is the way I like to describe it:
"Relax. Calm down. Don't be anxious. Let's see if you can do this (i.e., setting up a test for the affected person). You can fight this. What should we do next? Don't be ridiculous. You have to stay. Don't be a coward. Pull yourself together, Stop being silly, what's wrong with you".
Instead, DO SAY:
"You can do it no matter how you feel. I am proud of you. Tell me what you need now. Breathe slow and low. Stay in the present. It's not the place that's bothering you, it's the thought. I know that what you are feeling is painful, but it's not dangerous. You are courageous. Remember that panic attacks only last a maximum of 20 minutes"