Storm Ciara and Dennis have been and gone and had their wicked way with our recycling bins and now Spring is finally in the air. The days are getting longer, we can hear bird song and smell daffs and eat gelato once again. Which means one thing… bare leg season is here, people.
We knew this day would come and yet here we are, panic plaiting our knee hair and tucking it into our boots. At this stage, we’re gonna need to take a lawnmower to it. Is it a shoelace or is it actually attached to us? We just don’t know anymore.
Fewer months have as much to offer us as bonny March but in case you’re at a loose end and twiddling your thumbs, here are 20 things to tick off your list this month!
1. Tackle the mammoth task that is shaving your legs. It’s been 84 years
2. Honour International Women’s Day by raising a glass with your favourite chicas
3. Visit a farm to see baby bleating woollies being born into the world. Ba-ram-ewe.
4. Go and see Disney’s live-action remake of Mulan
5. Dig out your best floral duvet cover
6. Start a new book you’ve been meaning to read for ages
7. Create a Spring cleaning playlist full of uplifting bops to motivate your weekend chores
8. Start planning your summer vacay
9. Dine al fresco – lap up that Vitamin D!
10. Swap the treadmill for jogging outside
11. Treat yourself to a mani-pedi! Open-toe season is back and our trotters are SHOOK
12. Spend some quality time with your mama for Mother’s Day
13. Have your first iced coffee of the year
14. Buy yourself a bunch of tulips
15. Marie Kondo the hell out of your knicker drawer. Everything’s getting folded: pants, socks, the fish tank. The lot.
16. Eat an ice cream
17. Take a photo of the cherry blossom
18. Go for a long beach walk
19. Tuck into a hot cross bun. It’s Easter somewhere!
20. Drink the obligatory Guinness on St Paddy’s Day